april 18TH - APRIL 22ND
NOTICE OF RACE
ORGANISING AUTHORITY: The Bequia Sailing Club, Box 220BQ, Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
The 2019 Bequia Easter Regatta will be governed by the Rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the 2019 CSA rules and the J24 Class Declaration and Amendments. Race Headquarters are located at the Plantation Hotel. The Regatta is classified as a Category C Event, World Sailing Regulation 20.3.1
SAFETY: Safety equipment shall be entirely the responsibility of each skipper. Competitors are referred to the Minimum Safety Recommendations on the Bequia Regatta website
CLASSES: Racing: spinnaker, CSA Certificate
Cruising I: non-spinnaker, upwind sails only, CSA Certificate
Cruising II: non-spinnaker, upwind sails only, CSA Simplified Rating Rule*
(Intended for cruising boats without a CSA measurement certificate)
Windward Island Sloop: spinnaker, Simplified Rating Rule*
J24: One Design Class, spinnaker
Surprise: One Design Class, spinnaker
ENTRY FEE: All Vessels: EC$300 or EC$260 if pre-registered in full by 5pm on Friday 12th April 2019.
PRE-REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION:
To qualify for pre-registration discount, visit the Bequia Regatta website www.bequiaregatta.com to download and then submit your fully completed entry form on-line by 5pm on Friday 12th April. Entry forms can also be emailed on request; contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of receipt will be provided. Failure to provide all required details by the above deadline may result in forfeit of discount
Registration in person will be at Race Headquarters, from 2pm - 5pm on Wednesday 17th April and from 10am - 3.30pm on Thursday 18th April. Entries submitted after this time may be subject to EC$100 penalty
• If you intend to race in the Racing or Cruising I Classes, you must have a valid 2019 CSA Measurement Certificate before the close of Registration at 3.30pm on Thursday 18th April. Attention is also drawn to paragraph A.3.5 of the CSA Rating Rule
• If you intend to race in Cruising II or Windward Island Sloop Classes, you must supply all the “vital statistics” of your boat when you register or pre-register on line (LOA, LWL, Beam, Draft, Rig and Sail areas, including downwind sails for Windward Island Sloop Class), plus any prior racing or rating details.
*Ratings in this class will be issued by the Regatta Measurer guided principally by the CSA Simplified Rating Rule, and will only be valid for this regatta.
• If you intend to race in Cruising I or Cruising II or Windward Island Sloop Classes you must declare your intended sail configuration by close of registration at 3.30pm on Thursday 18th April.
• If you intend to race in the J24 Class, a J24 Class Declaration and Amendments must be signed at Registration. A copy of this Declaration and Amendments will be posted on the Bequia Regatta website
• If you intend to enter the Single-Handed Race only, you still must register in full by 3.30pm on Thursday 18th April
SKIPPERS BRIEFING: 5.30pm, Thursday 18th April at Race Headquarters, Plantation Hotel
SCHEDULE OF YACHT RACES - FIRST WARNINGS:
Friday 19th April 09.55am: J24 & Surprise Race
09.55am: Friendship Bay Race (all other Classes)
Saturday 20th April 08.55am: J24 & Surprise Race (first of this day’s 3- race series)
09.55am: Around Bequia Race (all other Classes)
Sunday 21st April 08.25am: Single-Handed Around Bequia Race
Monday 22nd April 08.55am: J24 & Surprise Race (first of this day’s 2- race series)
09.55am: Admiralty Bay Triangle Race all other Classes
Website Design by